We are so excited about renewing the College-Aged Mission Trip this May. We have the awesome opportunity to be the first people from our church serving with a ministry contact on the Island of San Pedro, Belize. Though San Pedro is a beautiful place it has many spiritually hurts. “On Eagles Wings Ministry” works directly with individuals affected by human trafficking. We will be down there to help disciple that community and assist in furthering relationships for their ministry through a tutoring program with students from a local elementary school. We will be the wow factor!
Trip Interest Meeting:
Monday, February 5 at 7PM
Tuesday, February 6 at 7PM (before Bible Study)
To join the trip discussion group:
1. Download Zoom to your computer, simply go to https://zoom.us and click on “Login.”
2. Once logged in – use this link to connect to the meeting (you can join a meeting on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android) or enter the Meeting ID: 123 653 746
3. If you would like to join the meeting by phone and not video, then dial:
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Travel Dates: May 13th – 18th, 2018
Costs: $1400 (airfare included)
*Extra costs may include: $105 to order a passport + $40-$60 spending money for gifts or extra expenses
Housing: We will be staying in a safe community called Ambergris Lake Villas
Forms Needed: Release Form & Background Check Form
1. Wed, April 4rd @ 7:00 – 8pm (online video chat)
2. Thurs, April 26th @ 8:00pm (online video chat)
3. Thurs, May 10th @ 4-5:30pm (in person at MUMC)
Below is the total amount you should have submitted by each given date.
March 4th – $150 (deposit to hold your spot)
March 31st – $650 (needed to purchase plane tickets)
April 17th – $1100
May 1st – $1400
SAMPLE SUPPORT LETTER
Use this to let you friends and family know what you’re doing to build God’s Kingdom here on earth and how they can be a part of it.
ABRIDGED PACKING LIST (full list will be emailed prior to trip departure)
– Bug spray
– Work gloves
– Safety glasses
– Mission clothes
– Casual clothes for evening
– Nicer outfit for Wednesday dinner
– Tennis shoes (something sturdy & safe to do construction in)
TRIP ITINERARY – This may change. Remember to “Remain Flexible”. A schedule will be posted closer to the trip departure.